Thursday 23 June 2011

Time Management

  Due to the overload of school works which fully filled most of my time,I've stopped signing in my Facebook account for a whole 5 days long.It seems to be an amazing 'breaking' record as people could not live without Facebook nowadays.

  As a Form 6 student,my school works are getting more and more difficult to handle.No matter what,I should always try my best to do well in my studies.Although sometimes I did feel extremely stressful and overworked,but I just could not find a reason to quit.There's no such word in my brain's dictionary:'impossible'.I must tell myself that:'I can do it'.Whenever I feel overwhelmed or exhausted,I'd find as many solutions as I could to overcome the problems.

  As I have mentioned earlier,I'm a big busy-body now.In these few weeks,I couldn't go shopping as often as I used to be.My school works and my to-do list are too crowded and tight.I could not pick up even a single excuse to escape from all the works I need to do or complete.

  I've sacrificed the happy times and leisure activities,except one leisure activity which I won't give up for any reasons,it is reading.Call me a Bookworm,please! haha~

  In an hour or two,I'll sit down and study again for hours.Every now and then,I felt like I could hardly breathe due to the mountains of school works.So,I've found some good information emphasize on 'Time Management'.

What Are the 3 Rules for Effective Time Management?
  1. Don't create impossible situations.
  2. Define priorities.
  3. Avoid distractions and lack of focus. 
Define Your Priorities Using the 3-List Method.


Plan your work,
then work your plan
All time management begins with planning. Use lists to set priorities, plan activities and measure progress. One approach is the 3-list method.

List #1 - The weekly calendar.
Create a weekly calendar. Make it your basic time budgeting guide. List your courses, work, study time, recreation, meals, TV, relaxation, etc.

Plan to study first priority classes when you work best. Be flexible, adapt your schedule to changing needs. Keep your schedule handy and refer to it often. If it doesn't work, change it.

List #2 - The daily "Things to Do".
Write down all the things that you want to do today. Note homework due or tests or subjects you want to emphasize. Include shopping and personal calls, etc.

This list is a reminder. Use it to set daily priorities and to reduce decision-making and worry. If time is tight, move items to your long-term list.

Rewrite this list each morning. Use visualization to help you focus on what to do. This list is also a measure of your day-to-day success. Check off items as you finish them and praise yourself for each accomplishment.

List #3 - Goals and other things.
This can be one or two lists, a monthly list and or a long-term list. Put down your goals and things you have to do. What do you want to accomplish over the next month or year? What do you need to buy?

Use this list to keep track of all your commitments. If you're worried about something, put it on this list. The purpose of this list is to develop long-term goals and to free your mind to concentrate on today.




Avoid Distractions and Lack of Focus.

Time is precious. Yet many people waste time by getting stuck in one or more of the following habits.

Procrastination - putting off important jobs.

Crises management - being overwhelmed by the current crisis. No time for routine matters.

Switching and floundering - lack of concentration and focus on one job.

Television, telephones and friends - these are all ways of avoiding work.

Emotional blocks - boredom, daydreaming, stress, guilt, anger and frustration reduce concentration.